Here’s a great dish to serve on hot summer days as an entree or side dish. You only have to boil water to cook your pasta of choice.
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 cup drained black pitted olives, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red or sweet onions
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 cup uncooked tortellini, bow tie, or rotini pasta, gluten free
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and fresh peppers.
- Cut up the ham, provolone cheese, olives, cherry tomatoes, and fresh peppers. Combine in a large serving bowl.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold water to stop pasta from cooking further.
- Add pasta and shredded cheese to large serving bowl and toss in with vegetables, ham and cheese.
- Shake dressing ingredients in a sealed jar. Pour over the pasta salad, and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve chilled.