Make this easy brown rice recipe with Amy’s Mushroom Bisque Soup.
Simmer in medium size saucepan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onions OR
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic OR
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Add to above mixture after liquid broth is absorbed by rice
- 6 ounces mushroom stems & pieces
- 15 ounces Amy’s Mushroom Bisque Soup
- Put all of the above ingredients except the mushroom pieces and soup in a medium size saucepan.
- Cook on a low simmer for 40 minutes, until the broth is absorbed by the rice.
- Add the mushroom pieces and soup to the rice mixture and simmer 5-10 minutes.
Can be dramatically modified by changing up the broth or soup added, or adding veggies (peas, carrots, broccoli) instead of, or in addition to, the mushrooms.