This is a quick easy meal in one pan. Shredded cheddar cheese on top of the bowl of chili is an extra added treat. Goes great with cornbread too!
- 2 to 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or water
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 to 19 ounces dark red kidney beans, undrained
- Wash celery stalks and green bell peppers.
- Chop celery, onions, and bell peppers.
- Brown ground meat and celery in large frying pan for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in onions, chopped bell peppers, chili powder, garlic powder, and tomato sauce to the frying pan with the meat and celery.
- Cover frying pan and simmer all ingredients for 20-25 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in undrained dark red kidney beans and simmer 5 more minutes to thicken.