These spicy meatballs are baked in the oven instead of fried in a pan, saving you lots of time and effort.
YIELD approximately 30 meatballs
ACTIVE TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 45 minutes
CATEGORIES ground meat
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 eggs, or 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, or 1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, or 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Oil a baking sheet with avocado or olive oil.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk in a small bowl for 20 minutes. Add onion, eggs and seasonings to mixture.
- Mix remaining meat ingredients together in a large bowl with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Stir bread crumbs, milk and seasonings into meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a scoop or wet hands, form meat mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Arrange onto prepared baking sheet (6 columns x 5 rows).
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Once cooked, you can pour sauce over the meatballs, or add the meatballs to your favorite prepared tomato sauce for 1 to 2 hours.
Tip: Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the baking sheet.